What is striking in the following report is what Israel did, and more importantly, what it did not do. No, we didn't fire at any civilian cities. No, we didn't shoot missiles into huge populated areas wondering where they would hit. And no, we hit no houses of God because when you put weapons in a house for the purpose of evil, I believe God leaves that house and all His holiness goes with Him.
Summary of Overnight Activity
The IDF operation continued overnight with large infantry, tank, engineering, artillery and intelligence forces operating throughout the Gaza Strip with the assistance of the Israel Air Force and Israel Navy.
IAF planes struck over 30 targets including:
· A mosque used for storing a large amount of weaponry
· An underground Bunker in the area of Gaza city. The attack caused secondary explosions indicating there were explosives inside. Tunnels in the area collapsed.
· A number of tunnels in the area of Rafah used by Hamas terror organization as passages for terrorists in and out of the Gaza Strip and that formed part of the purchasing and supply system of the organization
· 4 houses of Hamas members that were used to store weaponry
· A rocket launcher
· A suspected anti-aircraft missile launcher
Israel Navy boats assisted the ground forces and attacked a number of targets including rocket launching areas, a bunker and Hamas marine forces outposts.
An IDF officer and five IDF soldiers were lightly to moderately wounded in different incident of exchanges of fire in the northern Gaza Strip.
The IDF will continue to operate against the Hamas terror infrastructure in the Gaza Strip according to plans in order to reduce the rocket fire on the south of Israel.